A few weeks ago, I taught a couple of creative workshops with adult women. First of all, I love teaching. I always have -whether it’s to a classroom of stuffed animals or a group of adults. I especially loved this doing this project with women. So much that I had to share it with you!
To get started, I walked the women through a short exercise to identify a word or phrase to use on thier pendant. If you’re up for it, we can do it together now.
First, take out a sheet of paper. Allow yourself to be unfiltered with this. :) Then answer the following questions with as many words or phrases that come to mind.
-What values would you like yo invite into your life?
-What characteristics do you admire about yourself and others?
-What characteristics would you like to cultivate in your life?
Look over your list. Is there a word that really captures what you want? If not, look up your words in a dictionary, thesaurus, books and magazines. You may have some words listed more than once or words that are similar. This is a great place to start. The post from earlier this week is week is a good place for inspiration as well. And remember- you can always do more than one pendant. Once you have your word, you’re ready to get started on the project!
Ultra Thick Embossing Powder
Basic Jewelry supplies
book text or similar
Thin wood slice
1) Using old books, find your word and cut it out. You can also use stamps, typewriter, or write out your word.
2) Add a layer of paper to the wood slice using liquid glue. You don’t have to worry about having perfect edges here. Also, mywood slice had a hole in the top. Add one if yours doesn’t.
3) Collage an image or elements related to your word on top of your paper. Since my word is blossom, I chose to create a flower. Thinner paper works better here than card stock. Add your word on top.
4) Cut any access paper from the sides. Seal with a layer of glue.
5) Apply a few layers of Ultra Thick Embossing Powder to give it a hard, shiny, water-resistant finish. If you don’t have the powder, you can seal with acrylic medium. Be sure to keep the hole open when using the powder. Add a jump ring and attach to a necklace or key ring. You can take this an extra step by creating a beaded necklace for your pendant.
I guess now the only question left to ask: